This year, let’s break free from the norm – instead of resolutions, let’s set intentions. If you’re anything like me, in years past you vowed to eat healthier, participate in more physical activity and home cooking, volunteer more, read more… the list goes on. But what if we simply devoted this year to more self-love? More kindness? More gratitude?
Resolutions are limiting.
Resolutions imply that something isn’t right – something needs to be resolved – that you currently aren’t enough. When you set a resolution you are expressing thought about one thing you want to accomplish, so only that one thing is taking up space in your mind. You aren’t necessarily putting your words into action. Why is your first impulse for the start of the new year to create this brand new person when you are amazing exactly how you are?
So if you have realistic goals you want to set forth – instead of resolutions, set intentions. Intentions are specifically for the growth of your soul. They are something you want and plan to do, unlike resolutions that are the act of solving a problem or finding a way to improve a difficult situation. Intentions are powerful. They significantly raise your self-awareness and ground you. You are able to be constructive and create concrete goals along with a plan to accomplish them. Here are some examples of intentions that you may set:
- I will open my heart to new connections by trying new dating methods
- I will focus on myself, love myself, and my own company
- I will further explore what makes me happy
- I will make my vulnerability my strength
- I will take care of myself and put myself first
- I will follow the path that challenges me to grow
- I will enjoy the dating process by working with a matchmaker
- I will enjoy my health journey by working with a health coach
- I will value my self-worth and remind myself when times get hard that I am enough
You are Already Amazing
Every year, we are so quick to self-criticize, to judge ourselves, to body shame, to beat ourselves up if we are still single. This year let’s celebrate what we have and appreciate how amazing we already are – what our bodies do for us, the incredible people in our lives, and the memories we will carry with us into 2018.
So here’s to setting intentions over resolutions.
Wishing you a safe, happy, and healthy New Year from my grateful heart to yours!
Part 3, Final part of 2017 Holiday Health & Wellness Series. Start your 2018 with the intention to find love. Connect with your Three Day Rule Matchmaker at www.threedayrule.com/login.