There’s a winter crispness in the air, and romance is all around us. It’s holiday season, which means that gifts are coming, Eggnog (or Manischewitz) is being poured, and you’re looking for that special someone to meet under the Mistletoe. Don’t worry, at Three Day Rule we’re experts in making sure that you get someone special to unwrap this season. Read below for our best tips on how to go on that magical date that will make you believe in Santa Claus again.
For the Ladies
- Go to every holiday party you’re invited to! People are out at night more than ever this time of year, in good spirits and love is in the air. So even if it means skipping a spin class after a tiring work day, spray some dry shampoo and get out of the house.
- When in doubt, wear Red! It draws attention, it’s classic, it gives you confidence, and red is a color that men are drawn to. You’ll stand out among all the other black dresses.
- Be proactive. This is the perfect time to practice going up to a guy at a party. He can still be the one to ask you out, but don’t be afraid to start the conversation. Ask about his holiday plans, ask how he knows the party host.
- Mind your alcohol intake! Holiday punches can carry quite a punch without realizing it, so swap some out for Perrier with lime, which looks the same as vodka/soda.
- If you’ve already had a couple dates, this is a great opportunity to show your special person that you can bring home-for-the-holidays to them. Whether that is cooking your signature dish, bringing in take-out and a movie, or going to see holiday lights – enjoy the holiday cheer with this new person!
- Be merry. When talking to someone new, mention the positive and festive things holidays bring. Don’t mention things that may sound self-deprecating or negative (that you don’t have someone for that NYE kiss, or aren’t looking forward to getting stuck babysitting your sister’s kids.) Remember this is a time of opportunities, and you could be talking to your future NYE date!
For the Guys
- When in doubt, go out! The holidays are the best time to meet someone. People are happy, festive, and out more nights than normal. And with NYE and Valentine’s Day just around the corner, love is in the air!
- Keep it classy. The holidays are a great time to wear that fancy cashmere sweater or sport coat, and ladies love it when a guy can dress up. Jeans and a sport coat is never over-dressed at even the most casual holiday bash.
- Date like in the movies. During the holidays, you don’t need to treat her to an expensive dinner. Girls want to feel like they’re in a movie, so take her for ice skating and hot chocolate, go see some Christmas lights, or have a glass of champagne in front of a fireplace. Check your local city guide for all the budget-friendly romantic holiday activities.
- Make a good first impression at holiday parties by greeting your host with a small gift. Flowers, wine, or a bottle of scotch will always be welcome. Ladies in the room will always take notice when you enter prepared.
- If you don’t know how to approach the girl you’ve had your eye on, grab two glasses of bubbly and offer one out. It’s always a welcomed ice-breaker.
- Mistletoe comes in handy. If you bring a date to a holiday party, find a reason to stand under it and give her a kiss. You’ll definitely score romance points.
With these tried and true tips, you’ll be sure to have an amazing Holiday Season.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Three Day Rule to you.