We often hear from matches that they are only open to dating men who are “tall.” But did you know only 14.5% of men in the United States are over six feet tall? Here are ten reasons why you should be open to dating shorter guys:
1) Kissing is so much easier, which means it happens more often. You can kiss him anytime – no need to get on your toes or have a giraffe lean over for a kiss.
2) When you’re standing behind him with your arms wrapped around his waste, at a concert, or in line, you can still see over his shoulder. Your face isn’t smashed into his back.
3) Your mornings won’t be full of foot pain as you don’t need to impress him in your 6” heels.
4) It doesn’t mean your kids will be short. Genes are much more complicated than that.
5) He’s had to win people over with his personality so he’s typically funnier than the average guy.
6) When you 69…things…align. Or spooning. You align when you spoon.
7) No need to fight the crowd. Tall men have more girls chasing after them.
8) He’s got perspective on what’s important. He used to be self-conscious. Now he’s all grown up and doesn’t care what people think about anything. Perspective is always an invaluable quality in a partner.
9) Shorter guys are 32% less likely to divorce than taller men. Seriously. Read the report.
10) Breaking news! The average height for men is 5’9″ and NOT 6′. Once you drop that absurd height requirement, you’ll double, and maybe even triple, your chances for love.