Summer in the city of Chicago is exhilarating. Everyone has been cooped up (for what feels like years) and is finally ready to get out there, enjoy the sun, and meet new people. With hundreds of bars and restaurants to choose from, it can be a tad overwhelming.
To help all of the amazing, beautiful singles in Chicago find each other and scope out the right scene for their particular “type”, we narrowed down our favorite places to find the best singles in this city.
[Note: There’s been a lot of fun press lately on Three Day Rule’s belief that everyone has a “type.” If you want to read more, check out these fascinating articles in Refinery 29 and Washington Post].
1. The Bar at Nico Osteria (Gold Coast): This new posh bar and lounge in the Gold Coast is brimming with possibilities. With an amazing cocktail list, fabulous bites, and great eye candy, I guarantee you will be hooked. This is a great place to see and be seen.
Who: Professionals, gorgeous gals, middle-aged singles, and Doctor/Lawyer types
2. Tanta (River North): It doesn’t get much better than this for the summer! Offering sophisticated Peruvian cuisine, Tanta boasts a sleek, modern environment, with a touch of Latin flare. Order some ceviche and have a hand-crafted cocktail downstairs or head upstairs to their rooftop patio and drink in the amazing city views. The singles scene is hopping and the rooftop gets packed nightly. Favorite feature: the glass catwalk runway that sits in the middle of the rooftop with views of the restaurant below…elevated voyeurism at its finest! Tanta-lizing!
Who: Industry people, young professionals, foodies, and model-types
3. Celeste (River North): With a rooftop known as the “Garden & a Split Level Bar”, this place has something for everyone! Quickly becoming known as an industry favorite, it is sure to be one of the most sought-after venues this summer. This newcomer is going to fit into Chicago nightlife nicely!
Who: Industry people and scenesters
4. Three Dots And a Dash (River North): This establishment is a funky, new bar located under Bub City with a 16-cocktail menu and a Hawaiian theme! I cannot get enough of this hidden treasure! This is a great place to meet other singles or go with a big group of guys or girls. The cocktails are dreamy and so are the patrons. Escape the typical city grind and indulge in some sweet laid-back splendor.
Who: Gorgeous young gals, young professionals, jocks, and girls/boys-next-door types
5. Lone Wolf (West Loop): This place is NOT your average neighborhood bar. It’s a dark, comfortable, and unpretentious setting right in the heart of Randolph street fare. Always packed (especially on weekends), Lone Wolf is a great place to meet a friend for a beer, take a first date, or meet your crew for a night out. You can always count on a great mix of people (usually mostly singles) and a pleasantly diverse crowd.
Who: Foodies, hipsters, and industry folk
6. Big Star (Wicker Park): This place is Wicker Park’s reigning King of Whiskey and Tacos. With one of the best (and most consistently packed) patios in the city, it’s no wonder that people flock to this laid-back, cool, urban oasis. I have literally never seen it empty, and there is always a constant rotation of interesting and attractive singles.
Who: Bucktown professionals, hipsters, artists, intellectuals, and the college crowd
7. Paris Club/Studio Paris (River North): This is Chicago’s premire venue for first-class, upscale nightlife. With a super-hip restaurant downstairs and a bumping nightclub upstairs, you could stay here all night long….and you will. The upstairs area mixes an exclusive cocktail lounge with an explosive music scene that features some of the hottest DJs. If you have been, you know.
Who: Celebrities, athletes, and fashion and entertainment insiders
8. Underground (River North): A Chicago staple for at least the last decade, this place is always re-inventing itself and attracting an amazingly diverse crowd. This is a great late-night venue thats always crowded and always a blast! Great bottle service, bumping DJs, and friendly staff. A great place to meet singles and dance the night away!
Who: Celebrities, industry people, 20 & 30-year old up-and-comers
9. ROOF on theWit (Downtown): This is a breathtaking Chicago urban oasis with unparalleled views and a nicely diverse crowd. It has a very sophisticated feel while maintaining an unassuming vibe. It honestly speaks for itself!
Who: Wannabe model types, after work cocktail-ers, doctors, and lawyers
10. I/O Urban Roofscape at the Godfrey (River North): This is the newest and hottest trendy spot for singles. With a classy and upscale feeling that still makes you want to let loose and indulge in some cocktails, this place is known for its great ambiance. As if we needed more, this place entices us with a retractable ceiling, great music, and even a waterfall.
Who: Young professionals, doctor, lawyers, 20-30s crowd, 40s crowd